Tuesday, December 9, 2014
PM - Scientific Speed Networking Event
- Networking and finding collaborations are vital to furthering your scientific career. Recently, Cambridge University trialed speed networking at one of their scientific meetings and by the end: “the delegates had conversations that would never have happened normally, and many came away with new collaboration possibilities that will hopefully broaden out the field”.
- We hope this event encourages you to forge collaborations and hopefully add a new dimension to your research! You will have approximately 5 minutes to exchange cards, share bios and give a brief summary of your work!
PM - Welcome Drinks Reception
- Attendees are invited for drinks and networking with colleagues, speakers and Cell Press editors at our welcome reception on Tuesday, 9 December (also incorporating the poster session). The reception will take place in the Claremont Ballroom at the Claremont Hotel (the conference hotel).
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
- Over the course of your scientific career, networking will be the one of the most effective methods of advancing your career. Engage in networking with the speakers and potential future collaborators at our ‘Meet the Speakers’ Dinner.
- The venue for the 'Meet the Speakers' dinner is Scott’s Restaurant. For more than 30 years, Scott’s Restaurant has been the standard by which fresh seafood, professional services and commitment to quality have been known in the East Bay. Originally opened as a traditional seafood restaurant in San Francisco, Scott’s has continued to serve its guests in Oakland. Located in the heart of Jack London Square, Scott’s serves only the finest freshly prepared cuisine, with a professional, courteous staff ready to make your dining experience a memorable occasion.
- Tickets to the dinner cost $60.00 and include coach transfers, a 3 course meal and wine.
- Places are limited so book early via the online registration system.
PM - Cell-ebration Mixer
- Want to continue your conversations and networking in a casual atmosphere after the Meet the Speakers dinner? All delegates are welcomed to informally gather at the Paragon Bar located at the Claremont Hotel (the conference hotel) around 10:00pm.
- The Cell-ebration Mixer will take place after the ‘Meet the Speakers Dinner’.